In 2008, Baloch et.al. published a summation on the NCI Thyroid FNA "state of the science" conference. This article is nice to have for your desktop references on thyroid FNA. (Are you getting the theme here…yup…I have been reviewing and studying this topic…again, so, I am just sharing the "love").
The authors provide an "abridged version" of the conference topics and the website, and "...is not [considered] a "standards of practice" guideline, …[and it is not] endorsed…by the National Cancer Institute."
Thyroid FNA Topics For Your Review:
- Indications for Thyroid FNA and Pre-FNA Requirements
- Training and Credentialing for the Performance of Thyroid FNA
- Techniques for the Performance of Thyroid FNA
- Diagnostic Terminology/Classification Scheme and Morphologic Criteria for Cytologic Diagnosis of Thyroid Lesions
- Utilization of Ancillary Studies in Thyroid FNA